Welcome to awesome!
There's nothing sweeter than a fresh new forum, ready to welcome your community. A Vanilla Forum has all the bits and pieces you need to build an awesome discussion platform customized to your needs.
Here are a few tips for you as the administrator:
- Use the Getting Started checklist in the Dashboard to get your site ready for visitors.
- Don't create too many categories. We recommend 3-8 to start with, keep it simple for your users!
- Announce a discussion (click the gear) to stick to the top of the list, and Close it to stop further comments. This is useful for posting the rules, or welcoming new members.
- Use Sink to take attention away from a discussion that might be getting out of hand. New comments will no longer bring it back to the top of the list.
- Bookmark a discussion (click the star) to get notifications for new comments. You can edit notification settings from your profile.
We've created a few sample discussions to help get you started. They contain some useful "Day 1" information and also show you how things might look once your forum has a bit of real activity. Feel free to keep, edit, or delete them as you see fit!
Now spread the word to get this place cooking. Cheers!
- 39 All Categories
- 1 For Teachers
- Post Your Resume
- 1 Bad Schools To Work For
- Good School to Work For.
- 31 For Students
- 1 Language Schools
- 2 Reading
- Health Articles for Reading Improvement
- 2 News Stories for Reading Improvement
- 8 Short Stories for Reading Improvement
- 11 Writing Help
- 1 Describe the Pictures
- Other Standardized Tests, such as the PET.
- TOEFL Discussions
- 5 IELTS Discussions
- 1 Speaking
- 11 Grammar Help Area
- 2 Teacher Mark's English Videos
- 9 Job Postings
- 6 Remote ESL Jobs
- Jobs in the United States
- International Job Openings
- 3 Jobs in S. Korea
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Japan
- 6 General Discussions
- 1 Job Recruitment Sites
- 1 Visa Help