CBeebies Centres are newly established young learner English learning centres under Popular, the most prestigious book publishing and bookstore brand name in Asia with over 90 years of experiences. In 2015 we set up the first CBeebies English Learning Centre in Shanghai, China in coopeartion with BBC from the UK.
We use carefully designed language curriculum oritented towards national and international young learner exams based on materials and characters from BBC. We offer English language education to kids from 3 to 12 years old, and we are seeking full time International ESL Teachers to join our new and existing centres to open in Shanghai.
- Plan, prepare and teach English language lessons and workshops to children from 3 to 12 years old;
- Track and assess learners' progress and achievement, and communicate regularly with parents;
- Support the work of the centre by planning, preparing and delivering exciting learning experiences to English language learners;
- Play a central role in organising and delivering a variety of learning programmes, workshops and special events;
- A Bachelor Degree or above in English or a related area of study (Essential);
- Excellent communication both verbal and reading in English (Essential);
- Relevant experience of teaching English to ESL children (Always preferred);
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Enthusiasm for teaching Chinese children English using a variety of approaches, appropriate to age, level and context
Empathy for the difficulties children face when learning English as a foreign language;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to work within a close knit team of local and other international language instructors;
- Strong professional values and attitudes towards teaching
Able to demonstrate suitability to work with young children as part of a professional teaching team.
Preferred English language level:
- CEFR C1 (IELTS 7 - 7.5);
- Native or native-like level of fluency in spoken and written English;
- Natural international English pronunciation, confident in understanding a variety of English accents.
What we offer:
- Monthly salary ranging from CNY 16,000 to 20,000 before tax;
- Flight reimbursement up to RMB 8K per full year of service;
- Accommodation upon arrival for 14 days;
- Work visa sponsored with application cost in China covered;
- Assistance in finding apartment in Shanghai;
- Airport pickup upon arrival;
- Free Mandarin lessons during the first month of training;
- Full one month paid training and induction before teaching in classrooms.
- 10 days paid annual leave and Chinese public holidays.
Maximum number of teaching hours: